Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm Back & Update from Boston

I returned from Boston, last evening. It was good to see the sunshine. It rained the entire time I was there.

Here is what I have for an update. I expect Jeremiah to update us later. Today they did a complete gastrointestinal study of Landon. I spoke with Doctor Jaksic about this test before I left Boston. He told me that this study would show them how much intestine Landon was left with, if it has grown any, and how much food is being absorbed and digested by Landon when he eats. It could also show them where in the GI track nutrients are being absorbed. They are gathering all of the information possible about Landon.

The doctors in Boston are impressed and very happy that Landon looks so good. Most of the kids they get at the rehab center are very sick when they get there. We have been working hard to get Landon the medical care needed before he gets very sick. We believe that this is what it will take to keep Landon alive.

I have been talking with COTA about the plans to kick off our fund raising campaign for Landon. We will be doing fund raising in Alleghany, Alexander Counties, and maybe other counties in our area. We need all the help we can get. We will be having an organizational and planning meeting very soon. If you can help please contact me as soon as possible.

By the way I did manage to get out and take a walk in the rain before I left Boston. I ran across this house. The sign said that Paul Revere once lived there.




I hope the weather gets better and Jeremiah and Shelly can get out and do some sightseeing. One other thing, cobblestone streets are slick when they are wet. I slipped and fell right in front of Paul Revere's house.

EJ

No comments: